High-load strength training: These exercises should be performed every second day for three months. Every heel-rise consisted of a three second concentric phase (going up) and a three second eccentric phase (coming down) with a 2 second isometric phase (pause at the top of the exercise).
Alongside the exercise here are some top tips on how to manage the injury:
- Make sure you do your rehab!
- You should not run before your heel is pain free for 4 weeks and you can walk 10km pain free.
- Where support trainers whenever possible.
- If you have to wear dress shoes wear them with your gel insoles.
- Its ok to feel some discomfort when completing your exercises but the pain should not suddenly increase following the exercises or 24 hrs after.
- Avoid activities that flare up your symptoms. When you want to start these activities again, start slow be cautious and build slowly.
This is not a miracle cure! The programme should be overseen by a Rehab Specialist.