What is Sport & Remedial Massage?
Sport and remedial massage can help muscles, tendons, ligaments and joints. This technique helps to relieve pain by using a range of hands on soft tissue techniques. The sessions will be tailored to your individual needs and can include:
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Sport Massage
- Trigger Point Technique
- Soft Tissue Release
- Muscle Energy Technique
- Positional Release
- Joint Mobilisation
- Postural Assessment and Correction
What can it can treat?
- Pain located in the lower and upper back, shoulder, neck, hips, knees, ankles, wrists and fingers
- Irritation from repetitive strain injury
- General joint pain or restriction
- IT band pain or tightness
- Pre & post training treatments
- Tightness in the muscles restricting movement, i.e. in the hips, calves and thighs
- Pain caused by plantar fascia
- Strain or sprain of muscles and ligaments
What Treatment Includes
We will begin our 60 minute treatment session with a consultation that will help us understand the issue and work out a treatment plan that fits with your goals. We are always happy to discuss post-treatment options and will often provide follow-up exercises designed to help you stay pain-free.